Hi, I'm 14 years old and I came to this website because I didn't know who else to talk to. My mom is what you call crazy... literally though. She leaves TONS of notes on the wall that says things like the police is out to get her, or duck down when the police drive by. More examples are when her notes say that my dad is seeing other women and cheating on her. Some say that there is a war in China and my mom doesn't want my dad to go (I know it's weird). I only get to look at these when my mom isn't home because when she is, she won't even let me walk into her room. I can't even invite any of my friends over because they'll see the notes hanging around the house and I'll get extremely embarrassed.

Right now it's 11:23 p.m. and she's screaming at herself in her room. She's been doing this a lot lately (like once or twice a week) and she throws a whole bunch of stuff around. I've had to cry myself asleep quite a bit because I just feel like my life sucks, why was I born with this mother?

I can't even talk to ANYONE. I am the only girl out of three older brothers that are 17, 20, and 21. The 20-year-old and 21-year-old don't even live with me anymore, and the 17-year-old I probably talk to once a month... not even kidding. It's depressing.
I have one friend, but she moved away and I barely even talk to her anymore too.

Please, help me.
I'm very desperate =( I don't want to go to a therapist or whatever because I'm afraid my mom will be mad that I did.



Hi there my dear...it does sound like you need to get your Mom to go to a therapist, she may have to be committed or somesuch, but from what you describe, it is too serious of a problem to let her just stay at home.

She may be having a break, a schizophrenic episode(s), or a myriad of things. HOWEVER; this is super severe, please get out of there now, and seek the help of the police department/mental health clinic/long time family friend who can convince her to get the help she needs.

You do not need to get her taken "care of" all alone.



I'm the same age. I don't have a mother with that much of a problem. I don't think you'd be want to recommend her to a psychiatrist according to what you say and how she'd react. But understand that a psychiatrist in her case, can be extremely helpful. I cannot speak with my mom in a soothing way because I lack concern for her situation. But you seem to care, and i think you should try to approach her about her condition very nicely.